People who know me know that I am a very avid Fantasy Football player. I am always a top manager in every league that I play in. This year I have been studying the tapes and I have 5 bold predictions for the 2015-2016 Fantasy Football season. Personally I feel that a bold prediction has to be a prediction that not many people can see coming. An example from last year would be the Broncos running back situation of C.J Anderson being a top 10 fantasy running back even though Montee Ball was a first round draft choice by most. Now I don’t have the cojones to make that type of prediction but here are mine.
1. Peyton Manning will lead all quarterbacks in Fantasy scoring. Everyone thinks that Manning is done but not many people are talking about the fact that he was injured the second half of last season. Manning as always been a stud and the running game will make him even better! Why you may ask? Just look at his numbers the last time he had a great running back(Edgerrin James). He has the weapons to do it and he will bounce back in a huge way.
2. Ben Roethlisberger will not finish in the top 10 of Fantasy quarterbacks. I know people are screaming at me right now because of the monstrous year he had and maybe also because of the weapons he has but hold on my friends. He had two crazy back to back games in which he scored a total of 12 touchdowns! Even with that historic run he still only finished 6th in most standard leagues. How about the fact that he has a tough schedule. Big Ben will play a good Cleveland secondary twice, a great Cardinal secondary, and a historically great Seahawks secondary to say the least. Oh and about the weapons he has. Anyone remember Hines Ward, Plaxico Burress, a young Heath Miller, and Antwaan Randle El? Look at what he did what does guys…not much!
3. Ameer Abdulah will be a top 5 fantasy running back. Not much History to back my case but I really like what i see from this kid. I think he will benefit from Calvin Johnson getting back to being the most feared WR in the league. He will never have to worry about 8 man fronts and his receiving skills gives him the 1-2 Punch. The biggest Kicker to me is the Fantasy injury bug, which has already bitten the Lions. Joique Bell has been hurt and it is opening the door for Abdulah. Many times when we see this happen the results are pretty good. Think C. J Anderson, Jeremy Hill, and Justin Forsett. This has the makings of a really nice Fantasy Football story!
4. Rob Gronkowski will lead all WR’s and TE’s in Fantasy Points. Gronk is a beast and he is being drafted in the 1st two rounds in most leagues so we all know he is great. This year however, he will be legendary. I know that the Tom Brady suspension is looming around but this is going to work in his favor regardless.
If Tom Brady doesn’t get suspended then we will see Brady to Gronk(healthy) all season long barring any injury. I mean that in itself gives him a chance to beat out all WR’s. If Brady get suspended then I think we will see Gronk in Super Saiyan Form(Dragon Ball Z Reference). He will put up good numbers as the safety blanket for Jimmy Garoppolo but when Brady returns we will see the pissed off Patriots! Think 2007 Patriots when they wanted to destroy everyone! Brady will be so pissed and he will want to destroy every opponent and show that he is one of the greatest. This is actually the prediction i feel most confident in.
5. Eli Manning will turn back into…wait for it…it’s coming…ladies and gentleman…Eli Manning.
That’s right he will turn back into his pathetic Fantasy Football self. I see so many people buying in to Eli Manning as a Fantasy QB. Eli will be this year’s Jay Cutler(who won’t be bad this year). Remember when everyone looked at Jay Cutler’s team and thought that they would be a juggernaut? Yep seems like yesterday when we thought Cutler was destined for Fantasy greatness. This is what will happen to Eli Manning. He has never been a top Fantasy QB and this isn’t even the most talented team he has been on. Both his starting WR’s are an injury waiting to happen in my opinion. I mean how many times have we seen a WR such as Odell Beckham put on a recieving clinic just to fall off the face of the earth. Now i do believe that Odell Beckham will be great but I feel that he will take a step back this year. This will lead to Eli Manning becoming Eli Manning again!
Those are my Bold Fantasy Predictions! Tell me what you think and please give me some of yours